TIFF is almost here….it starts tomorrow.
I bought a 10 tickets package during the pre-sale and got some excellent film that I’ll be seeing:
– Soderberg’s “The Informant!”, Soderberg and Damon – enough said.
– “Accident”, a Hong Kong heist that looks like a potential “infernal Affairs”
– Herzog’s “Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans“. Nic cage is not my favorite but the combination with Herzog should be amazing.
– “City of Life and Death”, this is a 3 hour epic drama filmed in black and white by a Chinese director who is known to defy boundaries. It’s about the massacure of NanJing by the Japanese in 1937. I saved this for the last day of the festival because I know I’ll be a wreck after.
– “Mr. Nobody“, the description reminds me of Momento, and Leto and Kruger interest me. I have a hunch this will be a really good one.
A few that I missed out on tickets are “Up in the Air”, and “the Men Staring at Goats”, and “Creation”. I am really bummed that I’m missing BOTH Clooney films….especially the Jason Reitman/Clooney combo, but I guess there’s always rush tickets, which if I can get up early enough I’ll be trying my luck at.
I also want to see these:
An Education (which Ebert has deemed as a gem to be discovered)
Mother and Child
Mao’s Last Dancer
Women without men
The Waiting City
Enter the Void
I had a chance to see Lars Von Trier’s controversial “Antichrist” and wimped out….at least for now – overactive imagination and the necessity to work on little sleep does not bode well here. Monali wouldn’t come with me and I didn’t think I had the guts to see it by myself. Check out the trailer below and decide for yourself: